PCV COVID-19 Update | 16 MARCH 2020
The health and safety of our Pony Club members and the wider community is the paramount concern of the State Council and State Office of Pony Club Victoria.
The Victorian Government have declared that from Monday, 16 March 2020 non-essential events over 500 participants need to be cancelled or postponed, or organisers need to reduce numbers at these events. Pony Club Victoria therefore advise zone, clubs and event officials that if conducting events over 500 participants, organisers should either cancel, postpone or reduce numbers at the event. Otherwise Pony Clubs should operate as normal until further advised. If this advice changes zone, club and event officials will be informed in due course.
The Victorian Government announced today Monday, 16 March 2020, that a State of Emergency has been declared in Victoria, this came into effect at midday. This decision has been made to assist the Chief Health Officer to act as required to “flatten the curve” of COVID-19 infection rates. This measure by the government is aimed at slowing infection rates, other directives to assist to “flatten the curve” are reducing the number of large non-essential social gatherings and keeping a focus on good hygiene in the community.
Pony Club Victoria will continue to closely monitor the situation with respect to COVID-19 and work to support the measures implemented by the government to keep the community healthy. PCV wish to stress the importance of members, zones, clubs and event officials listening to the directives from government and health authorities who are best placed to implement measures to manage the current public health concern of COVID-19.
Pony Club Victoria ask that members be mindful of what is posted to social media and if you have questions regarding COVID-19 and the conduct of events/activities you should direct them to club/event secretaries and/or the PCV State Office. We understand there will be a level of anxiety surrounding this current public health concern but please remain calm and put your confidence in those who are here to direct us through these events.
Thank you to all our members for your support in making Pony Club and the broader community safe. We are in this together.
Pony Club Victoria current directives to zones, clubs and members remain the same:
All events that are expected to attract 500 people or more must be cancelled or postponed or managed to reduce numbers.
- All events/activities should promote good hygiene by participants and enable this through provision of equipment such as soap, hand sanitisers (60%alcohol) and paper towels.
- If you are feeling unwell do not attend events/activities, call the coronavirus hotline and seek further advice if you are concerned you may have the virus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or if you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Washing hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- If you have come in contact with someone who has the virus, and are experiencing symptoms, call your GP or hospital before attending a medical facility.
For more information on coronavirus