Updated: Monday 13 July
We have had a further update by DHHS regards riding horses off property. Under the update it is permissible to leave you property for exercise including to float your horse to an outdoor facility, including your club (if it is open – riders may need to book). You may only exercise with 1 other person or your family group, plus an instructor.
Below is a summary of restrictions please see the attached IMPACT STATEMENT for full details. Changes are highlighted in yellow.
FOR ALL AREAS OUTSIDE OF GREATER MELBOURNE AND SHIRE OF MITCHELL
Activity remains the same as prior to the lockdown announcement on 8 JULY 2020. Please refer to your COVID-19 Return to Riding Plan. You may do all of the things that your plan permits (except travel into, or allow members to participate from within, the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell).
Members bordering NSW or resident in NSW, may require a permit from the NSW government in order to cross into NSW to participate in cross border activities, or to return to NSW from activities in Victoria. Please contact the NSW State Government for information on crossing into, or returning from, NSW.
FOR AREAS INSIDE OF GREATER MELBOURNE AND SHIRE OF MITCHELL
You must remain at home, the only reason to leave your home are to:
- Care and care giving
- Travel to work or study if you cannot work from home
- Shopping for food and essentials
SUMMARY OF RESTRICTIONS
- No indoor facilities may open. A facility that has a roof and no walls is not considered indoors.
- No rallies or organised training, coaching or competition
- Club grounds may remain open for exercise of horses only, if the landowner allows grounds to remain open
SOCIAL DISTANCING & SANITISING
- 2 people in any group, unless family members from the one household
- Sanitising and social distancing in place – 1.5m spacing.
- Professional coaches who earn a bona-fide living from coaching may travel outside or into the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell
- Volunteer coaches may not travel for the purpose of coaching at all.
- Coaching may take place at private and/or agistment facilities.
- Coaches may coach at public grounds (including club grounds) if those grounds are open and can meet all of the guidelines under 'Outdoor facilities' and 'Outdoor Recreation and Exercise'. See joint PCV, EV & HRCAV information.
- Those receiving instruction can only do so with one other person or household members. There should be NO organised CLUB activity.
- Those receiving instruction should not travel outside the restricted zone nor travel distances for coaching. All movement should be kept local.
EXERCISING YOUR HORSE
- You may ride your horse off your property provided you stay near to your home
- You must not leave the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell, and you must keep any travel for the purpose of exercise local
FLOATING YOUR HORSE
- You may float your horse to a club grounds or other place to exercise
- You may travel for the purpose of caring for your horse, including to where it may be agisted, and you may travel outside or into the Greater Melbourne region or the Shire of Mitchell. This includes for the purpose of exercising your horse.
Note: if you and your horse both reside inside the Greater Melbourne region Shire of Mitchell you cannot leave these regions to exercise.
- Where facilities have more than1 horse agisted, a roster system is required
While there has been some further definition by DHHS, we must remember these new restrictions within the Greater Melbourne area and Shire of Mitchell are there for a purpose, which is to slow the spread of COVID-19. We would urge members to use common sense and keep all travel for exercise with your horse local to your area.
PLEASE FIND FULL IMPACT STATEMENT IN DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD BELOW