FOR ALL AREAS OUTSIDE OF GREATER MELBOURNE AND SHIRE OF MITCHELL
Activity remains the same as prior to the lockdown announcement on 8 JULY 2020. Please refer to your COVID-19 Return to Riding Plan. You may do all of the things that your plan permits (except travel into, or allow members to participate from within, the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell).
Members bordering NSW or resident in NSW, may require a permit from the NSW government in order to cross into NSW to participate in cross border activities, or to return to NSW from activities in Victoria. Please contact the NSW State Government for information on crossing into, or returning from, NSW.
FOR AREAS INSIDE OF GREATER MELBOURNE AND SHIRE OF MITCHELL
You must remain at home, the only reason to leave your home are to:
- Care and care giving
- Travel to work or study if you cannot work from home
- Shopping for food and essentials
- Club grounds may remain open for exercise of horses only, if the landowner allows grounds to remain open
- No rallies, training, coaching or competition
- Booking systems willneed to be in place to ensure max 10 on grounds at any one time
- 2 people in any group, unless family members from the one household
- Sanitising and social distancing in place – 1.5m spacing.
- You may ride your horse off your property provided you stay near to your home
- You may float your horse to a club grounds or other place to exercise
- You must not leave the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell, and you must keep any travel for the purpose of exercise local
- Professional coaches who earn a bona-fide living from coaching may travel outside or into the Greater Melbourne region or Shire of Mitchell
- Volunteer coaches may not travel for the purpose of coaching at all
- You cannot float your horse, or leave your home, for the purposes of coaching.
- You may travel for the purpose of caring for your horse, including to where it may be agisted, and you may travel outside or into the Greater Melbourne region or the Shire of Mitchell. This includes for the purpose of exercising your horse. Note: if you and your horse both reside inside the Greater Melbourne region Shire of Mitchell you cannot leave these regions to exercise.
- Where facilities have more than1 horse agisted, a roster system is required
- No indoor facilities may open. A facility that has a roof and no walls is not considered indoors.