SEEKING host club for Horse Trials Festival
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FROM CLUBS/ZONES TO ORGANIZE AND RUN THE STATE HORSE TRIALS AND INTERZONE TEAMS HORSE TRIALS
8TH AND 9TH MAY, 2021
- 1 TO 3 STATE HORSE TRIALS
- 4 AND 5 INTERZONE TEAMS HORSE TRIALS
RULES: COMPETITION TO BE CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT PCV RULES 2021 - PCV GEAR RULES -PCV HANDBOOK OF BY-LAWS – PCV CODE OF CONDUCT, PCV SUN SMART, SMOKE FREE AND ALCOHOL POLICIES
INTEREST: IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ORGANIZING AND RUNNING THIS EVENT PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED FORM AND RETURN TO PCV BY TUESDAY, 5th JANUARY 2021
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN HOLDING THIS EVENT IN THE FUTURE PLEASE RETURN THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM WITH YOUR NOMINATED YEAR
OVERVIEW – HORSE TRIALS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS – GRADES 1,2, & 3
The Horse Trials state championships are preceded by individual qualifying competitions. The Championships comprise three disciplines – Dressage, Cross Country and Showjumping which are conducted on the same weekend. Combinations compete in all three disciplines. Club teams and zone composite teams are allowed.
Clubs or zones who apply to run the event will be expected to build a State level course, supply and erect the show jumps, and provide dressage arenas. PCV does own 4 dressage arenas on a trailer which is available for use which must be collected and picked up and returned by the organising committee.
OVERVIEW – INTER ZONE TEAMS HORSE TRIALS – GRADES 4 and 5
The Inter Zone teams horse trials comprise three disciplines, Dressage, Cross Country and Showjumping, which are conducted on the same weekend. Combinations compete in all three disciplines. There are four riders in a team. Grade 4 can be run over the weekend but if possible Grade 5 to be run on the one day either the Saturday or the Sunday. Teams for the inter zone will be arranged by zones and substitutions etc will be advised to the State Scorer. Composite teams are allowed for the inter zone.
Parents and riders in both competitions are expected to help out at the event and jobs can be allocated.
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO THE CLUB/ZONE BY PCV
- Rugs for each section including team winner -Sponsored
- Medallions and sashes – Paid for by PCV
- PCV – Official Scorer with scoring team -
- Showbags with some sponsorship goods - Sponsored
- Assistance from the State Horse Trials Committee as required
- PCV will nominate a TD for the event
- Dressage tests will be advised to organizing committee
- Event schedule will be prepared by PCV office
- Program will be prepared by PCV office with assistance from the event committee
- Entries will be via My pony club
- If required can utilise PCV dressage arenas (4 on trailer)
WHAT CLUB/ZONE TO PROVIDE
- Build courses as stated
- Build and organize dressage arenas, show jump arenas
- Organise EV judges for dressage, showjumping Grades 1 – 3
- Organise judges for grades 4 and 5
- Pay all judges from entry proceeds
- Organize volunteers for the event from entries and club/zone
- Cross country course to be designed/built with accredited cross
- Country course designer/builder for Grades 1 – 3.
- Pay TD’s fees if applicable
- Provide and pay for first aid as advised by PCV
- Organise dinner/entertainment for the Saturday night
- Run a canteen for the weekend
- Pay the sum of $10.00 per rider from entry fee to PCV to cover office costs etc.
- All entry fees bar the $10.00 PCV fee to be retained by the club/zone
- Run the event on behalf of PCV with assistance from State Horse Trials committee as required.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM AND RETURN TO PCV at email@example.com and to Horse Trials Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOMINATION FORM FOUND BELOW - DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD
Queries in relation to this form should be directed to email@example.com or 0419 005069